• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hacked phoned

JaclynP

Lurker
Jul 19, 2019
My phone is being hacked into and my phone called are being monitored. Yesterday i was on my way to the courthouse to do emergency custody for my son to file a 51a and magically at Walmart all my services including 911 was disabled.
During the night time I reviewed my monitoring history and my websites being accessed phone calls are being made I found my old phone had been registered on July 2nd and it was stolen when I arrived at a shelter on 6/28. I believe I know who it is physically cuz I can hear them sometimes in the background of the call like I sounds like my dad or something like laughing but I can't say for sure it's him although I do have an APN number of tmus as well as an identification access point that I found in my phone. Please help how do I fix this!

Welcome to Android Forums, JaclynP!

I agree with DonB's advice, but in case you don't know (and some people don't), a factory reset will delete everything you've put on the phone, like photos. So be sure you've backed up everything important before proceeding with a reset.

Upvote 0
High moodyblues hope that s correct at any how about your advice to factory reset !! Yes you would think that it would take care of the whole thing but BUT ,,,, IF YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR INFO. BACKED UP AND THEN RESTORE IT EITHER TO YOU PHONE OR EVEN A NEW PHONE WITH A NEW PHONE NUMBER ETC. ALL WHO EVER GOT IN TO YOUR DEVICE WILL STILL BE ABLE TO DO WHAT EVER HE OR SHE HAS BEEN DOING !! I HAVE LOOOOOONG STORIES I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES AND ALL THE TECH. WIZ GUYS AND GAL,S I'VE DISCUSSED THIS WITH !! GET BACK AT ME FOR SURE I HAVE A LOT OF GOOD INFO. MKEYD

Upvote 0
Yes you would think that it would take care of the whole thing but BUT ,,,, IF YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR INFO. BACKED UP...
<<snipped to save eyes>>
Hi Mikey, and welcome to AF. Actually, we know very well, and often address, that a factory reset/backup restoral won't necessarily solve the problem. But it depends on what the problem is. In the OP's case, it was the most reasonable step. Had they come back and said it didn't help, we'd have moved on.

In other cases, like when it's clear that the person's accounts have been accessed after their phone was hacked, the solution involves telling them things like changing their account passwords, contacting their credit cards and banks, adding 2-step authentication, etc.

But thanks for your input! Feel free to add to the discussion--but kindly shut off the caps lock key, okay? ;) :D

Upvote 0
Hi Mikey, and welcome to AF. Actually, we know very well, and often address, that a factory reset/backup restoral won't necessarily solve the problem. But it depends on what the problem is. In the OP's case, it was the most reasonable step. Had they come back and said it didn't help, we'd have moved on.

In other cases, like when it's clear that the person's accounts have been accessed after their phone was hacked, the solution involves telling them things like changing their account passwords, contacting their credit cards and banks, adding 2-step authentication, etc.

But thanks for your input! Feel free to add to the discussion--but kindly shut off the caps lock key, okay?
wink.png
I'm sorry but I missed the technical time frame !! Let's just say I was asleep for 25 yrs
Any who thanks for the advice and what the heck is the shut off the caps lock key ???? I still don't understand all these icons !! I have a Samsung J2 and I'll be the first to say that my phone is smarter than me by far !! Thx again for your response and I'll try to figure out this cap key thing !!

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but I missed the technical time frame !! Let's just say I was asleep for 25 yrs
Yes, I believe I understand. No problem. We were all newbies at one time, so just relax and learn as you go.
Any who thanks for the advice
You're welcome.
and what the heck is the shut off the caps lock key ???? I still don't understand all these icons !! I have a Samsung J2 and I'll be the first to say that my phone is smarter than me by far !! Thx again for your response and I'll try to figure out this cap key thing
Ha ha, that just means don't type in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. :)

It's considered shouting. Using caps for emphasis is fine, but posting in all caps is frowned on, all over the Internet. The 'caps lock key' is a reference to the actual [Caps Lock] key on computer keyboards, which locks in uppercase until you release it. On devices, like a phone or tablet, there's no physical key, but the same function is performed by pressing whatever your keyboard's button is for caps lock.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
High moodyblues hope that s correct at any how about your advice to factory reset !! Yes you would think that it would take care of the whole thing but BUT ,,,, IF YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR INFO. BACKED UP AND THEN RESTORE IT EITHER TO YOU PHONE OR EVEN A NEW PHONE WITH A NEW PHONE NUMBER ETC. ALL WHO EVER GOT IN TO YOUR DEVICE WILL STILL BE ABLE TO DO WHAT EVER HE OR SHE HAS BEEN DOING !! I HAVE LOOOOOONG STORIES I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES AND ALL THE TECH. WIZ GUYS AND GAL,S I'VE DISCUSSED THIS WITH !! GET BACK AT ME FOR SURE I HAVE A LOT OF GOOD INFO. MKEYD

Not really though. Spot on advice. Shouts the person who doesn't have the gmail passwords after the reset :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones