1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hackers Keybord where's the question mark?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Cool Javelin, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Cool Javelin

Cool Javelin Lurker

I have installed Hacker's Keyboard, and I think for the most part it's really great. The biggest reason I use it is because of the 4 cursor control keys. Also it has a better selection of punctuation then most other Android keyboards.

However, when using the five row keyboard, there is a sixth row above the keyboard that has all the punctuation marks. When I start typing, that row disappears in favor of showing you the word that you are typing.

There are many keys that serve multiple functions, if you press and hold a key a little pop-up allows you to select alternate things but none are a question mark.

Does anyone know of a better keyboard that allows the punctuation to still stay visible while typing and has cursor control?

Thanks, Mark.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Great choice of keyboards, @Cool Javelin! I've used Hacker's...forever!

You just need to check your settings. They're causing the disappearing top row you're describing--but that's irrelevant for your question: the question mark is on [long-press][/]. Per my settings, this is how my keyboard always looks--with no disappearing rows--and the '/' is where it should be:

HackersKeyboard_portrait_normal.jpg

Remember, Hacker's strives to replicate a real, physical, computer keyboard, so if you set it appropriately, it will be as close to a real keyboard as you're likely to find.

I use the above configuration, but here it is with its alt keys labelled:

HackersKeyboard_portrait_labels.jpg

puppykickr, tube517 and ocnbrze like this.