• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Had a friend root Mymy droid, want to unroot, dont understand tutorials

x-Exodus-x

Lurker
Aug 29, 2010
My friend has a rooted droid with some custom ROMs, he offered to root mine and after him asking over and over I gave in and let him do it and install a ROM for me, it was cool and all so I just left it alone. Well I recently decided that I'd rather not keep the phone rooted, I wanted to just run everything stock...no questions I cant go to verizon with that way.

I read some tutorials on un-rooting and did not understand most of what they were talking about, all the terms or shorthand that I looked up ended up with more terms and shorthand I didnt understand. I found an "easy" tutorial online that basically had me replace the "update.zip" file on my sd card with another file and run it. That returned by to 2.0.1, but my phone would not update to 2.1 and then again to 2.2...so I searched around and found Pete's site that had all the OTA updates available for download. Downloaded and installed and everything SEEMS peachy by looks alone...

However, my droid is acting a bit...odd... (apps flash when starting up, pictures are jumping around the screen, changing resolution over and over for a few seconds, etc) and I wanted to make sure that everything was on the up and up and that i was indeed unrooted because if this crap continues I want to go back to Verizon and have them look at the phone.

I am not tech savvy and would really appreciate someone to walk me through making sure the phone is not going to be dumped by Verizon for warranty reasons...

Model Number
Droid

Android version

Baseband version
C_01.43.01P

Kernel version
2.6.32.9-g103d848
android-build@apa26 #1

Build number
FRG01B

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones