1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Had An Update Today

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bumancuzbrah, Apr 14, 2012.

1. bumancuzbrah

bumancuzbrah Newbie

so i had an update today and it didnt say what the update was............................................................
    so i updated hoping it was ICS but it wasnt.

Does anyone know what it was?

Advertisement

2. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Android Enthusiast

...check it, but it is probably 2.3.6. I did that manual update earlier this week. New icon for notifications, and the 'slid to unlock' message on the main screen.

3. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast

4. mojosodope

mojosodope Android Enthusiast

I still do not have this update

5. gdasilva16

gdasilva16 Member

i was so excited, till i saw 2.3.6 we pretty much have the Galaxy Note software. i like it.

6. mojosodope

Where do I get it because I tried the update and got nothing

7. Covart

Covart Android Enthusiast

The carrier you are on sends it out. It can be sent out at any time. I got mine a week after some and well before others on at&t.

8. mojosodope

yea I'm on att and still nothing

9. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

I got it by going to menu->settings->software updates

10. mojosodope

That's what do and get nothing

11. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Android Enthusiast

Unless you ALREADY have 2.3.6...

12. mojosodope

No one seems to understand...I'm not an idiot...I know how to do a software update also it says 2.3.5 and that there is no update available

13. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

I understand. It takes time, sometimes these updates get pushed out at different times. Give it a week.

14. FProphets

FProphets Member

Awesome. I just went to check updates and it updated. Thanks!

And I'm on att by the way

15. sandeep23

sandeep23 Newbie

This update had few good fixes but they removed the wallpaper scrolling thing for Home Page which totally sucks

16. mojosodope

Still nothing

17. mojosodope

Here I am still without the update....screw android and Samsung, this is why I love apple and I'm going back....when an update comes out everyone gets it at the same time, this crap skyrocket has more issues than our economy, never one issue with the iPhone

18. I tried to update as well and it said that the server was busy and it will automatically update once it's not busy. But I cannot check for updates for 23 hours. Is there any other way to update the phone? I know like when I had my BB of course I could use desktop manager or app loader. Can ATT send me a link or something to my phone to give me the update?

19. BKayrac

BKayrac Well-Known Member

change your clock ahead, do the update, then let it automatically change it back

20. I actually got this response from someone at another forum and it worked...

"go to settings applications running services hit All and find Device Management. clear the data it then go back to update check, you should be able to run it again without waiting for 23 hrs."

21. cfdenice

cfdenice Newbie

I just received the At&T 2.3.6 update.

22. mojosodope

I somehow got the update when I went to an LTE area

23. FProphets

FProphets Member

So they removed the scrolling background and there's no longer a button on the camera screen to change to front camera.

Why would they do that when it was just fine how it was?

On the positive side the touchscreen responsiveness seems improved.

24. bmoliver

bmoliver Well-Known Member

I updated mine yesterday and the camera app still has the front/back camera button (next to the flash button).

25. FProphets

FProphets Member

Really? That's strange. There's just a blank part where the button was originally. I can still get the front camera on but it requires pressing the settings button to the left side of the screen first.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews