1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Had my phone a week and it's died

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fremlin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Fremlin

Fremlin Lurker

Got my One X last week and I must say I've been absolutely loving it. Had a small issue with Friendcaster pro but that was sorted with an update.

However!

Today I left work and sent a message to my friend to say I was coming to pick him up in 5 minutes. By the time I got to his house I lifted my phone to give him a quick call and my phone is totally dead. I thought it was unusual to run out of battery so quickly so pulled out the in car charger. The light doesn't even come on for charging and even after trying to get the phone charging in the house i've had no luck. Phone is totally dead.

Will be taking it back tomorrow. Not very happy.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

That's a shame, not that this will make you feel any better but things like this do happen.

I suppose in some ways it's better to know now than have constant problems with it.

I'd leave it on charge all night and see if it boots in the morning.

3. Sauske

Sauske Android Enthusiast

Yea this thing happen, I generally wait 3 months before I get a phone, due to bug & software fix, and the extremely small percent of hardware issue! I will get this phone (Well the Evo 4G LTE for Sprint) when it first come out and if any issue, I'll just return it!

Agreed!

4. Fremlin

Fremlin Lurker

I'll leave it on charge, just seems strange that even the charge light is not coming on.

5. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert

Long shot but try holding the power button for 10 seconds, both plugged in and not

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Or the charging cable was faulty.

Hope they sort this quickly for you!

7. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert

Or charging jack, yeah (anyone else have a finicky G1 years ago?).

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews