• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Had Quite the adventure this morning (2/14)

tigris67

May 16, 2010
1. Went to the 24 hour best buy at Union Square New York, NY.

Q: Is today was the release of the Thunderbolt?
Answer: no, its the 24th.

The guy was pretty rude too, but nonetheless...

2. I then waited in front of the Best Buy Mobile across the street until 10AM for them to open.

Answer: ..uhh no..we didn't get anything for that. Next Week probably..

I didn't care to ask any more questions cause personally, I think i knew more.

3. Went to A Verizon store 3 blocks up.

Answer: Where did you hear that? We're definitely releasing the phone soon, but Its not today.

So that concludes my adventure. I plan on going to one more BB on 23rd St and 6th ave during my lunch break just b/c I'm a masochist.

UPDATE: Might as well update this post with the 4rth store. I wrote this down below, but will repeat it here.

"I went to the Best Buy on 6th and 23rd and they told me they still plan on selling it today, whenever the shipment comes in. Either today, tomorrow, Thursday whenever soonest! They could be blowing smoke but who knows.

The guy told me they get a shipment later today, one on tuesday, and one thursday. So I got my hopes up a lil more with this last store!"

UPDATE 2:
I called Best Buy on 23rd & 6th ave, and they told me they're officially getting the phones on Feb. 24th.

seems like its all making sense now.

Thats all folks.

End of March?! wtf ahhhhh..... I cant wait anymore I could deal with end of Feb but no way end of March if that is even a legit statement. :(

I don't think we will have to wait till the end of March, however when the phone was announced VZW and HTC both said a release of first quarter 2011. First quarter ends in March, which is probably why they told him "by the end of March".

Upvote 0
FWIW, I went to my local BB at lunch and learned the following (per the BB Mobile manager):

1. It's not releasing today
2. Their system shows 2/21/11 as the in stock date
3. The Street Date was not set, which means they can start selling them the same day that they receive them
4. The off-contract price was listed at $749, and 2-year price was listed at $249 (no 1-year contracts at BB for the TB)

Upvote 0
Unfortunately we have no choice BUT to wait. I'm just sharing what I learned today from my trip to BB so that others don't have to waste their time doing the same thing. I thought that was the point of these boards?

If you have pre-ordered, won't they contact you if they are in?

I personally will just wait until I see them show up in the VZW store and then order mine over the web or just go buy it at the store. Even though the wife is bugging the holy hell out of me.

Upvote 0
Duct tape has many uses ;)

uses4duct-tape-012.gif

Reactions: EgoDogg
Upvote 0
I went to the Best Buy on 6th and 23rd and they told me they still plan on selling it today, whenever the shipment comes in. Either today, tomorrow, Thursday whenever soonest! They could be blowing smoke but who knows.

The guy told me they get a shipment later today, one on tuesday, and one thursday. So I got my hopes up a lil more with this last store!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones