• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Had to replace my rooted Motion and can't root new phone

I had a rooted LG Motion. I dropped and broke it and got a new one and can't root it for the life of me. I have gone through all the steps in the root guide. Installed drivers, installed apk, connected in charging mode and when I run the root.bat , the daemon starts successfully but then nothing else happens.

I thing tried rootandrecovery.bat and one says error: device not found

Any idea what to try next? I remember it being so simple when I rooted the first phone. It just worked

I had a rooted LG Motion. I dropped and broke it and got a new one and can't root it for the life of me. I have gone through all the steps in the root guide. Installed drivers, installed apk, connected in charging mode and when I run the root.bat , the daemon starts successfully but then nothing else happens.

I thing tried rootandrecovery.bat and one says error: device not found

Any idea what to try next? I remember it being so simple when I rooted the first phone. It just worked

Try re-downloading the files..if that don't work i will send you the proper files...pm me..

Also uninstall lg drivers and re-install it sounds like you don't have the proper one's installed

Reactions: ryanms3030
Upvote 0
Is ur computer recogizing ur phone?

Idk why but when I did it it took me a few tries. I did maybe four five times each time doing the same thing and it just stuck, maybe doing something a little different can cause for it not to go through. Sorry can't help much

Thanks. I'm up to something like 30 tries now and 3 different cables. ughh

Upvote 0
Don't use USB 3.0 port

that just reminds me...dont use windows 8...someone on here had a hard time unbricking because they were using windows 8 and when that person used windows 7 it worked like a charm...if you're using windows 8 then go to 7...if you're using 7...my last advice is redownload everything, make sure everything has a clean install/download....check to see if your firewall is enabled (should disable for the moment until root is successful) and possibly factory reset your phone? sorry if not much help but hope someone can give you the answer on here...good luck!

Upvote 0
Yeah, i was having tons of issues with Windows 8, even when all 5 of my usb cables weren't in USB 3.0, then I switched to Windows 7 and everything was fixed, definitely wasn't a re download drivers fix, because it did little to nothing, candoopa attempted to help me(he did) but wasn't able to have me be able to unbrick.
So I went on my old computer and unbricked there with Windows 7 and it worked just fine.
Try that.

Upvote 0
Yeah, i was having tons of issues with Windows 8, even when all 5 of my usb cables weren't in USB 3.0, then I switched to Windows 7 and everything was fixed, definitely wasn't a re download drivers fix, because it did little to nothing, candoopa attempted to help me(he did) but wasn't able to have me be able to unbrick.
So I went on my old computer and unbricked there with Windows 7 and it worked just fine.
Try that.

Really? I've been using windows 8 since the preview and its been working fine for me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones