• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Had to take mine back.... just couldn't deal with it

scorpiodsu

Feb 5, 2010
I think the phone is a good one but after having an iPhone for a year and then the Incredible for a few months I just couldn't deal with the lag. It's not terrible but coming from those devices it was just frustrating. When downloading stuff and trying to switch apps at the same time it was chopping and buttons wouldn't respond so I'm pressing them and then they would finally work and do 5 commands at once eventually back out of what I was doing. It just reminds me of the Nexus before Froyo.

Hopefully Froyo does the same here and maybe I'll get it then but for now just not for me. And the same lag is on my wife's phone so it's not just mine and the reviews also speak about some laginess. I think it's touchwiz that does it because the Droid X doesn't have nearly as much lag and on the Incredible it's almost non-existent. I will see what happens over the next couple months because I really want a nice android phone but I'm not switching carriers.

I've removed all the AT&T programs and use LauncherPro Plus and it's super fast for me. (shrug)

Froyo WILL be nice though. Hopefully a custom Froyo ROM comes out sooner rather than later. WITHOUT Touchwiz. ;)

Yeah I used launcher pro as well. But I don't do rooting and stuff. Just think the phone should run fine straight out the box. And it does for the most part. But the smoothness of the Incredible and iPhone got me spoiled. I had so many force quits it didn't make sense. No point in having multitasking if it's a pain to use. It was great on the X and Incredible. So I'll see what the reviews are when Froyo drops.

Upvote 0
I've removed all the AT&T programs and use LauncherPro Plus and it's super fast for me. (shrug)

Froyo WILL be nice though. Hopefully a custom Froyo ROM comes out sooner rather than later. WITHOUT Touchwiz. ;)

Is removing the AT&T apps as easy as starting titanium backup and hitting uninstall or should I go another route to remove them?

Upvote 0
Yeah I used launcher pro as well. But I don't do rooting and stuff. Just think the phone should run fine straight out the box. And it does for the most part. But the smoothness of the Incredible and iPhone got me spoiled. I had so many force quits it didn't make sense. No point in having multitasking if it's a pain to use. It was great on the X and Incredible. So I'll see what the reviews are when Froyo drops.

Understandable I guess. I have a bit of a different experience, as I'm coming from an iPhone 3g that has been dog slow for some time, and recently slowed to a crawl with the iOS 4 update. To the point that the lag was so bad that there were times I couldn't answer calls. To me, this thing flies :p

Upvote 0
Droid X doesn't have nearly as much lag and on the Incredible it's almost non-existent.

This is funny to me, cause the first time I touched either of those phones at a Verizon store they seemed to lag noticeably, and it concerned me till I played around with it more. I never had that with this phone. Those were floor models though... so I'm sure they were rather heavily used.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones