• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Half a mind to go for the original Desire

punk_19

Oct 12, 2010
I have personally never been an Android user but am totally fascinated by it...
With the DHD havin so many production delays as well as no Launch in India i have half a mind to go for the original Desire..
I mean except the bigger bt a bit washed out screen and a better processor both the fones after a Froyo update are pretty much the same...
Engadget says the Desire is still the better option...
can any1 out here help me justify the wait for the DHD.. i am gettin a bit impatient now.. and am totally tired of usin my Nokia N97...

Well here is a link that might help.

iGyaan Exclusive : Desire HD and Desire Z India Launch on 10th Dec – Prices|iGyaan.in

It kinda says that it is coming in Dec 2010...but not really sure.

Maybe a small wait can help.

To compare the HTC Desire HD and the HTC Desire follow this link:

Android Warriors: HTC Desire vs HTC Desire HD vs HTC Desire Z | MAGGadget

It sure does mention they are almost similar, but the processor speed sure does help now and in the future.

Simple reason is that, we all do know that the Android 2.3 (gingerbread) is surely going to release soon. So probably having a faster processor is better in any case.

Also, if you google this I think, you can find that the Android 2.2 (Froyo) runs faster that the Android 2.1 on a 600Mhz processor. So kinda imagine if you have a 1Ghz and the Android 2.2 - - - simply awesome.

The only difference is that the HD has a 8m camera, a 4.3 inch screen, bigger RAM size and the wifi n-type is supported.

If you still feel these small changes dont matter much then HTC Desire should do.

My personal opinion, wait for the HTC Desire HD. Surely is going to rock the Android phones.

Abinav

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones