1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Half Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HagbardCeline42, Mar 4, 2017.

1. HagbardCeline42

Jun 11, 2016
    Male
    I've had my Pixel C Tablet for 8 months now. It is a fine piece of hardware overall, and I'm more than happy with it. However, I just suddenly had an issue pop up that according to some websearching appears to be happening with others as well.

I opened the lid of my case and only half the screen came on. The other half was black. When it was half-screen, the touch screen did not work either. I tried rebooting and even the boot-screen only was half-there. (it said ogle as it booted).

I could trick it into working by double-tapping the power button to open up the camera. After a few tries, the dark half of the screen would turn into "snow" (like a TV without an antenna) and once the snow was there, then the touch screen would work again.

I contacted Google support and they gave me a call back. They had me go into the recovery menu, but again, it was only a half-screen so I couldn't see the options. They walked me through various reboots (push down twice, then power, etc) but nothing could get the screen to work. They finally sent me a replacement.

I was able to transfer my stuff to the new device by painstakingly double-tapping the power button to get the touch screen to work just long enough to get me through the process.

The replacement they sent is a Refurb, which always makes me a little uncomfortable, but on the bright side, there's a new 1-year warranty with the new one.

Advertisement

psionandy likes this.
  2. JohnHwessel

JohnHwessel Newbie
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Male
    Ex-IT
    Leicestershire, UK
    I had more or less the same issue. The device would have to do a restart after going to sleep, and only half the screen was often available.

Google have agreed to send a replacement.

3. HagbardCeline42

Jun 11, 2016
    Male
    I've had the new one for about a month and so far, so good. I wish I knew what the problem was with the half-screens though, so I can maybe avoid it with the replacement.