• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handbrake Help

Settings I used converting from a DVD on PC to mp4. Under a 'new' Preset:

Container: MP4
Filename: <Your_Filename>.mp4

My source video size was 720x576. I set this to 448x192. 800*480 is screen size, this worked for me though. It also worked with res 720 x 304 (Keep Aspect Ratio enabled). 720x436 also worked. I was having problems with some resolutions but eventually found these to work. I think it may have something to do with the source video size.

Video Filter: Default
Video: Video Codec: H.264 (Which I believe is default) - Avg Bit Rate 950. Rest Default.
Audio: Deleted any listed entry
Selected 'English AC3 5.1ch' as 'source'
Selected 'AAC (faac) as 'audio codec
Selected 'Stero' as 'mixdown'
Sample Rate: 44.1
Bit Rate: 128
<Add Track>
Subtitles - Chapters - Advanced: default

It took a while to get a decent rip, the higher the resolution the crisper it will look though. I found Mixzing made some rips full screen regardless of the file resolution too. The above can probably be improved upon greatly but I settled at that. I think the video Avg Bitrate is one of the important points.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones