• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent and MMS

I have searched and haven't found anyone having problems with receiving MMS on Handcent, Is there a setting I am not finding to help with this. If someone sends me a slideshow, all I get is a pic with a "play" button. When I hit the button nothing happens. Should I delete program and start all over? What are your Handcent settings? Thank you!

I actually like the stock messenger a lot, the ONLY feature I need from handcent is the pop up feature. I tried SMS pop up but it didn't clear my read message from the message icon on the home screen, and that annoyed me.

I also like how it shows a small version of the photo if you send one, instead of a little box that says 'slideshow'.

I am weird about using add ons when you have something there already, I hate having "un-needed stuff" on my phone (having the stupid footprints, twitter, nascar and football apps, make me mad too).

So sometimes I hate having to use handcent, I prefer to have ONE messenger program on there and use up less app space, but I need that pop up feature. Otherwise, I'd uninstall handcent and use a pop up app.

Upvote 0
On and that play button thing has happened to me once too.

Now my issue is with receiving replies from my mom after I send her a pic. I guess her blackberry attaches my MMS to her rply? For some reason my phone won't open it.

It shows up in my inbox as an MMS, but it's really not, it's just her replying to a pic I sent of say, my son, and her saying "aw cute". or something along that line.

Upvote 0
Can someone tell me what the biggest differences are between the stock texting program and handcent? I looked at the screen shots at their site but it's confusing to me what would function differently and why people seem to like handcent better. Thanks!
I like the handcent because of the chat bubbles and the option of voice text. I originally changed to handcent because of my phone staying awake 100 percent of the time. The change didn't help but I enjoyed the handcent and decided to stick with it. I am having second thoughts now though because of my MMS issues.

Upvote 0
I just wanted to say that I have no issues with MMS.

Sometimes my friends on T-Mobile will actually attach multiple pics to a single message and when it appears in Handcent, it has a play button (which looks like it's a video, but it's not). But all I do is tap the message itself (not the actual image) and it tells me there are 2+ attachments and gives me the option to save them to the SD Card.

When video arrives, it too has the play button, but when I press the play button it actually plays the video.

So I suppose the only problem would be that multiple images and video messages both appear the same and the only way I know the difference is if I tap the play button and either 1. Nothing happens [images] or 2. Video plays.

Upvote 0
I have searched and haven't found anyone having problems with receiving MMS on Handcent, Is there a setting I am not finding to help with this. If someone sends me a slideshow, all I get is a pic with a "play" button. When I hit the button nothing happens. Should I delete program and start all over? What are your Handcent settings? Thank you!

This happens to me as well, if someone sends me a pic with text in it I get the big arrow and clicking it does nothing, If I go to stock app it works fine. any ideas, also if I go to "menu" "save MMS" I then see the pic there??

Upvote 0
This happens to me as well, if someone sends me a pic with text in it I get the big arrow and clicking it does nothing, If I go to stock app it works fine. any ideas, also if I go to "menu" "save MMS" I then see the pic there??

When that happens, tap and hold on the message, not the picture. Then a menu pops up. In that menu, click "view as flat slideshow" Thats the only way I can get multiple pictures to show when the play arrow is there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones