• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent bubble colors! Post yours!

joneee

Nov 10, 2009
First off, thank you Handcent team for creating such an amazing app for our phones!

Secondly, I love the fact that we can customize the colors of the bubbles, but I can't, for the life of me, pick some nice looking colors! I currently use the stock ones and I've tried for a good three hours to find a better set of colors but can't seem to do it.

So, what colors do you use for your sms bubbles? If you use the bubbles that is. If you could please post your Red#, Green#, Blue#, and transparency. Pictures would be great too! I guess it would also help if you say whether you use a picture or color as the background (thought I know the Droid has an issue with pics).

I dont really get whats so great about it... on the droid especially. Its resolution is way off :(

There's another thread in this very section a few down from this one discussing the pros and cons of the app. You'll find lots of information & discussion there. Let's keep this thread on topic which is custom user color combinations specifically.

Upvote 0
It was pretty difficult to find a colour I liked... but I'm finally happy with;

received sms (silver) --
red: 255
green: 255
blue: 255
transparency: 130

sent sms (green) --
red: 0
blue: 0
transparency: 255

The two things that would absolutely make this app perfect; a hero like widget to scroll through messages and the ability to change the colour of the area around the enter text area (currently a dirty gold). Great app though!! :D

Upvote 0
It was pretty difficult to find a colour I liked... but I'm finally happy with;

received sms (silver) --
red: 255
blue: 255
transparency: 130

sent sms (green) --
red: 0
blue: 0
transparency: 255

The two things that would absolutely make this app perfect; a hero like widget to scroll through messages and the ability to change the colour of the area around the enter text area (currently a dirty gold). Great app though!! :D

That looks pretty good. I used the Hero skin and black theme. I also changed the font color to white (max on all colors) on the silver bubble and it's MUCH easier to read. Try it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones