• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent Contact Missing

Sunmark

Lurker
Feb 14, 2010
I've been using handcent for almost a year now. 2 weeks ago, right at it, one of my most frequently used contacts for texting disappeared from handcent. The text comes through on board messenger but wont cross over to handcent. Out of 90 or so contacts this is the only contact with that issue. The contact is an AT&T contact, all other AT&T contacts work fine. I've removed the contact, reset the phone with battery removed, made new contact and still the same. It's almost like the number/name is cursed lol. This "cursed contact" comes through handcent on my wife's phone just fine. .... Any ideas :thinking:

I had the EXACT same issue, and she was also an AT&T customer. (odd!) Our only difference is that she isn't someone I text all that much, so I didn't care or think too much about it. In fact, I'd forgotten about the issue until I read your post.

I just tried a little experiment. I went into the stock messaging app and I deleted her thread. I then went into Handcent and sent her a test text. She replied and now the thread is showing up in Handcent. Not sure I'd say it's totally 100% solved, but it might be. If you've tried this already, then I don't know what to tell you. If it does work, I have a feeling that something just gets screwed up with the MMS database and Handcent just can't 'see' it.

HTH

Reactions: Sunmark
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones