• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent eating my SMS on my Evo...need options?

Roymus

Jul 18, 2010
For the second time in a week, all of my text messages have been cleared as a result of Handcent force closing on my Evo! This is entirely unpredictable and there is no way to reliably reproduce it, but this has happened twice now ina single week...all I can tell is that it seems to happen if I'm playing games or streaming and receive text messages, Handcent will force close and when I open it up, all my text messages are gone! Tried the stock messaging app and they're gone there too. I love using Handcent and don't want to give it up, and there's no real way for me to tell if this is an Evo bug or a Handcent bug. Any ideas or help would be appreciated...for now, I am backing up my SMS at least once a day!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones