• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent for X8

The reference to anything 'stock' basically just means the one that came on the phone. So look for the icon with the envelope that says Messaging underneath it. Then when you have tapped to open that its Menu>SEttings>and untick notifications (and delivery reports if you don't want them as these are sometimes auto ticked)

Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
The reference to anything 'stock' basically just means the one that came on the phone. So look for the icon with the envelope that says Messaging underneath it. Then when you have tapped to open that its Menu>SEttings>and untick notifications (and delivery reports if you don't want them as these are sometimes auto ticked)

Hope it helps.

dont have that icon at all, but can do it through the settings.
with the handcent then how do you get the alphanumeric keypad cant seem to turn off the qwerty one

Upvote 0
Ok I think I am talking at cross purposes here. Are you trying to get a T9 keyboard or to use a different messaging app?

On the keyboard front try this thread...

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x8/219591-htc_ime-keyboard-x8.html

One of the options in there is a traditional alpha/numeric keypad.

Handcent SMS is a great sms application. As to why you can't find the stock sms... it's not set as one of your four corners is it? It wouldn't appear in your app drawer then.

Upvote 0
Ok I think I am talking at cross purposes here. Are you trying to get a T9 keyboard or to use a different messaging app?

On the keyboard front try this thread...

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x8/219591-htc_ime-keyboard-x8.html

One of the options in there is a traditional alpha/numeric keypad.

Handcent SMS is a great sms application. As to why you can't find the stock sms... it's not set as one of your four corners is it? It wouldn't appear in your app drawer then.

ya want to get a T9 keyboard. dont like using the qwerty one. find its too small. ya its set in one of the corners alright. would youn recommend the htc one or the handcent

Upvote 0
Thats the thing with Android phones, you just gotta download them and have a fiddle. The guide on installing the keyboard is pretty self explanatory. Handcent just download from the market.

With both, well with any app, its just a matter of once you have it opened/installed press menu and look through all the different options that are available.

Reactions: chilldog
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones