• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent Help - get messages twice

riverboat2001

Apr 29, 2010
UK
I installed Handcent and i'm happy with it, but one thing is bugging me.

When i get a message, i get it twice, once with Handcent and once with the original message application. So i get the same message tone twice AND to message notifications.

How do i turn off the "original" messaging app?

Cheers

Open the standard sms app, press menu, settings, scroll down until you see the recieved notification option and de-select it. That will stop you getting two notifications. You're not getting the message twice, you just have two apps telling you you have one message.

While you're there you should also de-select sent notifications and failure notifications. That way the only notifications you will get will be from handcent.

Reactions: riverboat2001
Upvote 0
Open the standard sms app, press menu, settings, scroll down until you see the recieved notification option and de-select it. That will stop you getting two notifications. You're not getting the message twice, you just have two apps telling you you have one message.

While you're there you should also de-select sent notifications and failure notifications. That way the only notifications you will get will be from handcent.

Thanks Very much, worked a treat, i had realised that the message was only coming through once, just wanted to explain my post right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones