• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent Issue (backgrounds and LED)

Agrajag

Nov 30, 2009
I like to personalize my Contact screen and my major contacts with different image backgrounds and so forth.

It worked great on my original Droid. With the RAZR I'm getting an odd result where any image I try to set simply gets placed as a replacement wallpaper for my phone!

Also, the LED notifications are not working for contacts either.

I like to personalize my Contact screen and my major contacts with different image backgrounds and so forth.

It worked great on my original Droid. With the RAZR I'm getting an odd result where any image I try to set simply gets placed as a replacement wallpaper for my phone!

What are you using to choose the background?

I had the same problem with the Bionic.

I think I ended up using either the built in file manager or the Quick Pic app off the market.

Upvote 0
As an example, under "Conversation list settings" you then get the sample screen and I select "Background". That should then mean anything I pick applies to that background--not my phone's wallpaper.

I then change it from the colors screen to Image and I get the two orientations. I choose either one and the option offers to Change or Clear. I choose Change. I then get asked to choose the app to select and the choices are "Files", "Gallery" or "SM File Browser".

Are you saying that this is critical? Using Files (the built-in app) results in no image appearing on the two alignments so I know then I'm pretty dead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones