1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Handcent issues

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lionrain, Dec 29, 2010.

1. lionrain

lionrain Well-Known Member

Everytime someone sends me text I get a duplicate with cb and their number for examle it'll say: hello and then another one saying hello [CB] 239*******
    Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BigDreZ28

BigDreZ28 Member

Hmm, never had that...though sometimes handcent wont auto rotate for me, if I slide the keyboard on my droid 2 open I type while the handcent window is still in portrait view haha.

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

I'm just guessing here but CB in relation to SMS typically refers to Cell Broadcast. You might want to look into the cell broadcast settings in Handcent.

Are you getting the duplicates within Handcent? It's not entirely clear in the OP.

4. lionrain

lionrain Well-Known Member

Yes, just in handcent.

5. JamesDrew

JamesDrew Lurker

I downloaded handcent a week ago...........i got it mainly for the sent text message notification ( the check mark when a sent text message is read ).....at first the checks appeared for read messages, and lately they have not appeared.....i know people are recieving the messages because they message me back.....but the check marks are not appearing........any body had this problem or know how to fix it ?

6. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Android Expert

I would like to try this and I will let you know if it works. Where is this setting located? I only see a sent text message notification option for vibrating and audible alerts. I don't see anything for a check mark.

Thanks!

7. ruriimasu

ruriimasu Member

i am having sms delivered to wrong contacts! i think its something about android sms bug.. in less than a week, i'd sent to at least to 3 wrong persons when i made sure i selected the correct contact. someone needs to fix this problem quick :(