• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent/Messaging Help

Ok, so I've been searching the forums and trying everything I possibly can to figure this out. But, I can't find anything that helps.

My problem is this, I downloaded Handcent and really like it, however, I can't send messages from home. I have marginal service here (around -98 avg.) but I do get 3G. Whenever I send a message it says Message Failed - Retry, Cancel? I've even had this problem in places with great coverage for both 3G and cell service. The stock messaging app works just fine. So what I've been doing is receiving messages with Handcent and then sending them using the stock app.

So, does anyone have any ideas of what I can do? Are there any settings that can be changed? Does handcent use 3G to send messages?

I'm now trying Chomp to see if that's any better. And, just an FYI, I'm having trouble with text messages, not MMS. I haven't tried sending any pics or videos yet, I've just been sending SMS.

Another bit of info, I have already tried rebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones