1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Handcent mimic default SMS Messaging?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hayzooos, Dec 7, 2010.

1. hayzooos

hayzooos Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    IT BA
    Chicagoland, IL
    Hey gang - I'm not on 2.2 yet, but from what I've heard, they incorporated the wonderful bubble chat sytle. I absolutely cannot stand it, so I just installed Handcent yesterday so I won't have to deal with the bubbles when I do go to 2.2

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone out there has already gone through Handcent and make everything mimic what the stock SMS app was like. In terms of incoming/outgoing SMS message and the colors/backgrounds.

I'm getting closer, but the incoming background color is giving me a bit of a fit right now, and I'm posting to see if anyone may have done this and can help me out in terms of what R/G/B color scheme to get the colors to look the same.

Advertisement

2. Sedan_Clan

Sedan_Clan Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Law Enforcer
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Handcent gives you plenty of bubble options, so you can change it. I like the IPhone bubble style personally, but I like having the option to change the bubble style/shape/color/etc.

With regards to your other question, I've completely customized my Handcent bubbles, and I didn't copy the native specs. Sorry man!