• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent MMS problem

gener

Apr 19, 2010
Anyone having problems sending MMS messages via handcent? This worked fine on my HERO, but doesn't work on my Evo. I can send MMS messages via the stock messaging app, but handcent just spins and never sends the message. Normal SMS messages work fine.

I have noticed that it is VERY slow sending MMS's with Handcent. I have successfully sent some though. I noticed that on a long message containing only text characters that converts to MMS sends very slow as well even though it is only text. Seems to be a difference between how a SMS is sent on the network vs how an MMS is sent.

Upvote 0
Figure I'd piggyback this thread since my problem is along the same lines. I can send MMS through Handcent but I'm not able to attach images from a fresh camera capture. After I take a picture it seems to just go back to the message screen. I have to reattach from my album which then works fine. In the stock Message app I can attach from camera fine. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Figure I'd piggyback this thread since my problem is along the same lines. I can send MMS through Handcent but I'm not able to attach images from a fresh camera capture. After I take a picture it seems to just go back to the message screen. I have to reattach from my album which then works fine. In the stock Message app I can attach from camera fine. Any ideas?

That happens to me as well. I have been using the default app to send mms's. I just don't select a default when the menu pops up to ask me which app to use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones