1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Handcent not working properly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JDunc, Sep 10, 2010.

1. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Image Processor
    Arkansas
    I have it to always vibrate and for LED to blink blue and neither of those options are working. Nor is the default ringtone either. Why did it go so bad?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Enterprise Server Engineer
    Ohio
    I can't answer that. It does every thing I have it set to do. I have it set to show different icons for certain contacts as well as a specific tone for those same contacts.
    I don't care for the led blinking and turned it off. I'd rather have it use reminders than make the light blink, but I don't use the reminders either. If I don't hear the tone, I'll get to the text when I get to it.

3. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Image Processor
    Arkansas
    Makes me wanna go back to stock if im not getting any sort of notification unless I open it. Seems kinda dumb to me.

4. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Enterprise Server Engineer
    Ohio
    Did you uncheck the notifications box?

5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Handcent is working fine for me - led blinks red as I've set it, correct notification plays.

Make sure you turned off notifications in the stock app, and review your notification settings in handcent. could try uninstalling/reinstalling it.

The only issue I'm having w/Handcent is that the notification dialog won't appear when my phone is locked, even though I have it set to appear when the phone is locked. Works fine when the phone is unlocked...when locked all I get is the text notification ticker in the notification bar at the top.

Worked on my D1, not working on D2.

6. johnatthebar

johnatthebar Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    The only issue I seem to be having is that on the D2 pressing enter to send a txt doesnt seem to be working.