1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Handcent notification issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Siccmade, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

So i started using handcent and i get the notify in status bar which is fine but i keep getting the number of messeges in the app icon? tired alot of stuff in settings and cant seem to make it go away?????

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. robdec17

robdec17 Member

Did you disable the notifications in the default SMS app?

3. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

Yes.....well the deal is my and my wife have the same app on are phones and I get my notify on the tool bar and she gets it on the tool bar and also the app icon sitting in the on the bottom where the phone and contacts icon is an also just throwing a shortcut on the home screen also shows the number of message's. I've check all settings and have the same and I can't figure out how to get the number count off hers lol

4. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast

You probably added the shortcut of the app and she has the Widget version. That could be it.

5. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

I did try both to see if that was the case...... Placed out the widget and dragged one from the app menu... Get the same thing.

6. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

I was having trouble with Handcent as well, since the Jelly Bean update. After too much time spent trying to figure out what the problem was I just uninstalled Handcent and I've been using the stock SMS app. Maybe after the 1st of the year I will try Handcent again?

7. Siccmade

Siccmade Newbie

I'll try it out a little longer.. and try to figure this little problem out...I like some of the features and has anyone tried gosms?

8. robdec17

robdec17 Member

I ran Gosms on my thunderbolt for over a year with no issues. Great app with lots of features. On my Maxx HD I just run stock right now.

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews