• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent Popup Replying in Pocket

Sorry in advance if this has been answered. I looked and found nothing.

I've used SMS Popup and Handcent's popup feature and both reply to messages while the phone is in my pocket, and obviously they are jibberish and it annoys some of my friends (I don't even realize they texted me most of the time).

Is there any way to have some sort of unlocking feature when the phone 'wakes up'? Has anyone else figured out a way around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have it set to automatically show the on-screen keyboard in the popup settings? I'd suggest turning that off. And use "lite" mode instead of "full" mode. That way, your leg has to do some pretty accurate pressing in order to send a message.

PS - You could also try flipping the phone's orientation in your pocket (always facing away from your leg instead of toward it) to see if that helps. Habits are hard to break though.

Reactions: mikem3223
Upvote 0
On handcent I leave two options unchecked which have worked for me.

Both of these are under - Settings>PopUp Settings
Screen on for popup - unchecked
Show when locked - Unchecked

Now your screen will not turn on when you get a message and you will have to unlock the phone in order to see the message popup

That worked. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones