• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent Question / Issues

VolsMcFalls

May 14, 2010
Greetings! I have a couple of issues with handcent sms that I need some help with...

1. I cannot for the life of me get the program to stop showing the message details on the popup screen. I have it set to not turn the screen on (I kept hitting things accidentally when it did this). I also have it set on Privacy Mode in Notification settings > Popup Settings. This is supposed to only show message content when unlocked, but it still shows it even when I just turn the screen on. I also have Show When Locked toggled to off. This is supposed to show the popup window under the lock screen for more privacy. With these settings, I would think the popup wouldn't even show up until the phone is unlocked, but it still shows up while it is locked, and it still shows the content.
  2. The second thing I cannot figure out is when I reply to a message using the popup I always get the "message sent" message on the screen. But, the Sent Notifications option in the settings is turned off.
Can anyone offer any help on these two issues? I am running Widget Locker, so that might have something to do with the first issue. But, Widget Locker runs overtop of the the original lock screen, so it really shouldn't matter.

BTW, I am on an HTC Incredible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1. There are 2 privacy mode settings, but I cannot remember where the other is. I have it set to on and I do not see the message preview in notification bar.
2. Is the 'message sent' pop up a small one with white letters on a black strip and shows up near the bottom of the screen? If so, then there is nothing you can do about it as it is the system popup message and not Handcent, this cannot be turned off.

Upvote 0
1. There are 2 privacy mode settings, but I cannot remember where the other is. I have it set to on and I do not see the message preview in notification bar.
2. Is the 'message sent' pop up a small one with white letters on a black strip and shows up near the bottom of the screen? If so, then there is nothing you can do about it as it is the system popup message and not Handcent, this cannot be turned off.

I appreciate the input. As far as the privacy thing goes, I have it to where it does not show in the notification bar, but I would like for the popup itself not to be shown until the phone is unlocked, and even then a second press to show the message is ok too.

On the message sent thing, yes, that is what I was talking about. I didn't realize it was a system thing as it had never done it before (I was using the stock HTC messaging system).

Upvote 0
Hi, sorry, am new to all this !

I have HTC Desire and Handcent, and am happy with it . .. .mostly.
I've just had to remove Twitter from my Contacts list, and then set Handcent to filter unknown contacts, just to stop getting a quick message every time I had a Twitter msg.

Hopefully this will work ok, anyone have any other ideas/settings ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones