1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support handcent question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fella 3, Jul 5, 2011.

1. fella 3

fella 3 Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I would like to know if there is a way to disable the incoming notification of a text message that comes on the top of my evo screen in the toolbar area. I have been into the settings but it continues to show up when I make changes. I just want he sound notification and the flashing icon. I don't want the text message to show in the toolbar on top. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. sharinlea

sharinlea Member
    None

Oct 9, 2010
    I use GOSMS now instead, but I'm pretty sure the Settings were almost identical. (And I know that I had handcent set to not scroll the text, so I know it was possible when I had it.) In GOSMS I go to settings, notification settings, default notification settings, and then check the box next to "Notification bar privacy mode." Try looking for something similar. Good luck.

3. StringerBellRinger

None

Do you like GO better? If so, why is that? I had Handcent and liked it but it seemed like my battery starting draining quicker once I installed it.

4. fella 3

fella 3 Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I was just gonna ask that same thing. Why did you switch? Also I have that option checked and it still scrolls the message in my toolbar. I just dont' understand that

5. sharinlea

sharinlea Member
    None

Oct 9, 2010
    Hmmm... I can't remember all the reasons I switched, but some of them are: it takes up less space on my phone (has app2sd which handcent doesn't); has a fb chat plugin for chatting with fb people that actually works (since the fb app chat rarely does) and messages come into you inbox like a text; and it just seems quicker to me. Others have said there are a lot more features than handcent, but I don't think I've really used them. There should be some comparison threads around here or maybe on lifehacker. I know I read a few before trying.

fella 3 likes this.
  6. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    Did you try, tap messages-menu-settings-uncheck the received notification.

7. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 20, 2010
    I believe if you go to Notification Settings; Popup Settings; Privacy mode & check the box it will do what you're looking for. :)

*Edit* Actually, go to Notification Settings; Notification Settings (again) & check the Privacy mode box from there. I think that will be more what you're looking for it to do. Instead of scrolling the message content it will scroll "You have a new message."

8. fella 3

fella 3 Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Using (gosms) this text messaging service can you add a sig picture?

Tags: