1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

handcent questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Doheny, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Doheny

Doheny Member

Re: the keyboard, how do I get it to work? I downloaded it, but can't figure out how to use it.

Re: SMS, I now get notifications on Handcent SMS and the SMS program that came with the phone. I took the "Messages" widget off of home, but still get notifications of a new message; how do I stop that?

Thanks in advance...

2. ttran97

ttran97 Android Enthusiast

Open Messages...then Menu -> Settings -> uncheck "Auto-retrieve". Now it won't get your texts anymore.

3. Doheny

Doheny Member

Thanks, ttran97...that worked. I found the faq's (duh) and re: followed the instructions for using the Handcent T9 keyboard (checked Handcent keyboard), but the Handcent keyboard still doesn't show up.

4. ttran97

ttran97 Android Enthusiast

I don't use handcent so I can't help you out there. :)

5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Extreme Android User

does handcent have speech to text ability?

6. willdogs

willdogs Android Enthusiast

Yes and I actually used it the other day . works pretty well provided there isn't too much back ground noise.

7. Doheny

Doheny Member

Yeah, ditto that...I'm surprised how well it works. Keep the background noise down and talk a bit slower and more deliberate and it gets it right.

8. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Extreme Android User

darn, i cant seem to find it.. where do i look

9. Doheny

Doheny Member

Assuming you do have Handcent SMS installed, it's under Menu when you have the screen up to compose a SMS.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews