1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Handcent "Red Dot" Notice!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by vpnavy, Jun 14, 2015.

1. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

I am so tired of getting that darn "Red Dot" notice!

SERVICE MESSAGE
    Upgrade Notification

I clear it and it comes back the next day. It shows my Silver Membership Service expiring 4/1/2017 and offers me Super Gold Package.

I don't want to upgrade - but, really tired of the "red dot." I am anal - so considering moving back to GO SMS Pro just to get rid of the dot - stupid - but, it drives me crazy!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

electricpete likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

UPDATE: Left a message on Handcent FB and they told me to send a e-mail to help@handcent.com. I will let you know what they say (for those with the same problem).

funkylogik and mikedt like this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I'd say you'll get more spam from GO Sms btw lol

vpnavy likes this.
  4. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Textra or Chomp......
    Can't go wrong with either paid version :)

vpnavy, Hadron and funkylogik like this.
  5. funkylogik

Or if you like basic and light, Google Messenger

vpnavy and MLSS like this.
  6. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

Actually, I have GO SMS Pro but found Handcent to be more intuitive (at least for me). I am hoping they can fix my problem. Heck, I have to have all my bills (in my wallet) facing the same direction - you can imagine what the darn "red dot" is doing to me! :)

funkylogik likes this.
  7. funkylogik

8. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Red dot means unread message in handcent.

For them to use that to prod you, when you've already paid.... seems inexcusable.

I'm using the free version and was thinking about upgrading. Not any more after reading this.

9. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

Yuppa - get the darn upgrade message to upgrade from Silver to Gold (I guess). The wife gets it also - we both paid for Silver. I just got a reply from Handcent - would you believe they want me to send screen shots now! I will play the game - just sent off 5 screen shoots for each screen during the process to remove it. Will let you know what they say.

funkylogik and electricpete like this.
  10. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

Clarification: I am talking about the very top of Handcent next to the horizontal bars/INBOX - a Red Dot between them.

11. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

UPDATE: Got a reply to the pictures I sent them - their reply was:

OK, you can delete the notification and it will won't appear until we send it to you.

I replied asking them what that actually means since I just cleared out the message and rebooted my Cell (and wife - she is also having the same problem). Unfortunately, we both got "red dots" AGAIN pointing to SERVICE MESSAGES/UPGRADE NOTIFICATION offer!

Will let you know what they say...

funkylogik likes this.
  12. funkylogik

Excited to hear what they say. This will determine my respect (or lack of) for them

vpnavy likes this.
  13. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

Well - just got another answer: We won't send it everyday. It will won't appear for a long time. I asked them if we are talking about the same thing. I told them we aren't talking about a text message. Did they look at my pictures (they asked for and I sent)? Here is what I sent them (see attachment).

Attached Files:

14. funkylogik

Tbh I think you should stop being such a tight ass and buy gold ffs :p (please notice the emoji lol)
    I'd cancel my silver and move on. They're just being greedy (although I'm in no way ocd so I could easily learn to ignore the dot but I do feel for ya buddy) :thumbsupdroid:

vpnavy likes this.
  15. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

You are absolutely right funkylogik. I will just start ignoring it.

funkylogik likes this.
  16. funkylogik

Yeah right. It'll start featuring in your dreams lol mwahahahahaaa

vpnavy likes this.
  17. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

Featuring in my dreams? What does that mean? Oh yea - you are talking about that GD Red Button! :D

18. funkylogik

Lol GD? Excuse me, I'm stoopid

19. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

Gosh Darn! :)

funkylogik likes this.
  20. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

Handcent told me to log out, log back in - remove Upgrade Notice. Yuppa - did it (even rebooted three times) - still getting the Upgrade Notice. Obviously, they haven't a clue. Good news - I am over it! Honest funkylogik!:)

funkylogik likes this.
  21. funkylogik

So you're gonna actually let that flag of Japan dot rule your mobile life. Kettle that app kicked to the kerb gurlfriend mm mmm

22. vpnavy

vpnavy Newbie

I simply looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the flag of Japan - thinking about using it as my personal avatar!

funkylogik likes this.
  23. funkylogik

Every cloud then mate ;)