• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent sms issue

Open your stock SMS app (should be "Text Messaging" in your app drawer). Click the menu/settings button (far left hard key), click Messaging Settings and you'll see "Notifications." Uncheck that box and you should be set.

You mean on the bottom of my phone? I click it but I dont see notifcations.. I must be doing something wrong.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem and the above corrected it. I do have a question that may go with all this though. When I get a txt, and I go and unlock the phone, a window automatically shows up, with the txt message. Then it allows me to send a "quick" reply. I would actually like to get this to stop showing up too.

Upvote 0
yup, he means the key that looks like 4 squares

click that button, and four boxes will come up

one of those boxes says "Messaging settings"

click that one

Under the "Text messaging settings" bar, you will see "Notifications, Status bar" is checked

Uncheck it.

Done

Thanks, my problem was I was looking under handcent settings and then settings in the phone settings.. its actually in the stock sms app where it was.. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem and the above corrected it. I do have a question that may go with all this though. When I get a txt, and I go and unlock the phone, a window automatically shows up, with the txt message. Then it allows me to send a "quick" reply. I would actually like to get this to stop showing up too.

Handcent
Menu Button
"Settings"
"Notification Settings"
Under the "Notification Settings" bar, uncheck the "Enable popup" box

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones