1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Handcent SMS issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davidjmorin, Mar 19, 2010.

1. davidjmorin

Feb 8, 2010
    So i have downloaded the Handcent SMS program and have had nothing but problems with it. it always has to be force closed. what the hell is the deal with this?

Model: Eris
    running: 2.1 Leak

Advertisement

2. ggangi

ggangi Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    When did you download it.
    I had issues to but my issues were regarding text messages not being sent right away.
    They sent an update and it was all fixed.

Try uninstalling it and re-installing it. Maybe that will help.

3. davidjmorin

Feb 8, 2010
    Did as you suggested and seems to have fixed itself. It was doing it when i would try to delete a thread that was over 2000 threads long. i dont think it can handle that apparently. Also do you know if there is a way to make it so that im not also getting messages in my original box? cause then i have to go in there and delete as well.

4. acidbath5546

acidbath5546 Well-Known Member

Handcent is pretty heavy on the Eris, I would really recomend getting rid of it and just using the stock messaging app.
    not a pretty or customizable, but it gets the job done and doesnt weigh heavy on the phone.

5. davidjmorin

Feb 8, 2010
    I wanted it becasue of the mass msg ability. Stock doesnt do what i want. unless there is a hack

6. acidbath5546

acidbath5546 Well-Known Member

Not that I have seen....
    But yeah if its worth the issues it causes then stick with it :)

7. ggangi

ggangi Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Open Messages
    Menu> Settings> uncheck Received notificaiton

8. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    New Mexico
    I don't know if it's only a handcent problem or message problem with phone in general but I have experienced and seen other people talk about the problem deleting threads with large amount of texts. usually if I try to delete one with any more than 100 handcent freezes and I have to kill it and restart. Maybe you just have to be super patient and wait for it to erase and respond? I don't have that kind of patience.

9. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    I have experienced the same problem of trying to delete large threads, so at the end of the day I delete everything to avoid the trouble in the future.