1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Handcent SMS - no speech-to-text

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by pcuratolo, Nov 30, 2009.

1. pcuratolo

pcuratolo New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    I installed Handcent SMS, works fine, except I see no option for speech-to-text when creating new txt msg or replying to received msg. When long pressing an input field, my only options are for keyboard selection - Android keyboard or Handcent keyboard. No option for voice/speech to text input. No microphone icon anywhere on Handcent app screen.

Installed TTS extended as suggested on handcent.com website - no change.

What am I missing?

Advertisement

2. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Long-holding the Droid's search icon works for me :D

3. JustDriftin

JustDriftin Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    None
    On the Road
    When composing or replying, push the menu soft key, the screen that pops up will have the microphone on it.

John

4. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    +1

PS: don't believe the post above John - that user's an imbecile! :eek:

5. SnoopDoggieDroid

Nov 7, 2009
    Might be me but I tend to have marbles in my mouth when i talk. With that being said does this app have a voice training feature? Curious because it has misinterpreted what i said only for me to go back and retype and after a week the errors become less and less like it's learning your voice.

6. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Dog Walker
    North Carolina
    I don't think it does, it would be nice if they added it. I rarely can use it without having to go back and retype things (and some of the things it comes up with crack me up!!!) :D , but it does come in handy if my hubby texts me in the car with something semi-important. I can kind of text back...with very short phrases, lol.

7. SnoopDoggieDroid

Nov 7, 2009
    As long as it knows any correction you make AFTER is programmed incase you say that again.

I think the learning feature would definately come in handy as it can be done however the size of database to use would be the only concern.