1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Handcent SMS: Nonsense notifications that won't go away

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tringa, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Tringa

Tringa Lurker
    None

Mar 15, 2013
    Hi all,

The problem my phone is having began after I enabled international roaming for a trip I took last week. I've attached a screenshot of the notification Handcent gives me every time I open a conversation in the application, which is a long string of just the letter d. I know, odd. I have found no threads about others having this problem.

The weird notification only disappears if I go into the status bar and hit clear manually every time. This can get really irritating when I'm receiving a lot of texts.

I use an unrooted GS3, have tried restarting the phone, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Handcent. Any ideas what I can do?

Thank you so much for the help!!

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 20, 2010
    Tringa, are you signed in to Handcent messaging, by any chance? I'm wondering if that's where the notifications are coming from? Just for kicks, check to make sure there's a grey "x" next to your name on the messaging screen (scroll to the left from your text conversations). I had the problem that any time I logged on I would get random "hey baby let's talk" messages from random names that were inappropriate for children! Idk if this is what's going on but worth checking out.

3. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    Try sending STOP to the number.

4. Tringa

Tringa Lurker
    None

Mar 15, 2013
    Thank you both for the tips! Unfortunately, signing in didn't help. :(

The other odd thing about this is, these do not appear to come from a number. When I select the weird notification in the taskbar it doesn't take me to a message in Handcent, but only to the compose new message window. I'm not receiving any message when these notifications appear.

Hope I can get to the bottom of it! Handcent is the best texting app I've found. Is there a better one?

5. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    Try WhatsApp instead