1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Handcent SMS question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rse411, Sep 10, 2010.

1. rse411

rse411 Active Member

Jul 5, 2010
    So I just rooted, running CM6-RC1 and I had to download VVM for my phone because I wasnt sure how to access my voicemails.

I also am getting those annoying text messages telling me I have a voicemail.
    So I read that downloading Handcent SMS and blacklisting the number works, so I did that.

I was just wondering how I can stop receiving texts from both of my SMS widgets (I use the one that comes with LauncherPro Plus)

I know that when I receive one I can choose to set a default, but I still get 2 texts at a time (one from each SMS widget)

any thoughts/suggestions?

EDIT* shit sorry, I did blacklist them, now I'm wondering how I can stop receiving texts through Handcent, because I'm getting 2 texts at a time, just normal texts from people i know, through both SMS widgets even after I choose a default messenger

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Blacklist them

3. 00h2itr

00h2itr Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    I have tried Blacklisting as well and still get them.

I tried blacklist, then delete the SMS, and I've tried blacklist and leaving the SMS (somehow thinking if I deleted it, maybe it deletes the blacklist)

Neither have worked, still get the 9016 VM message.

4. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    sgt of marines
    pensacola, fl
    you have to go into the stock messaging app and turn off notifications. and with that rom, you have to go to voicemail settings and i believe it's carrier options or something to that affect and put in your voicemail number. the default is *86 or something, which is some helios number.

Tags: