• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent SMS...Send error msg.

Been using Handcent for a long time now and generally happy with it. However I get random "failed to send" error messages. Over time I've come to discover that most of the time the message is an error and the intended txt message was indeed sent. If I resend most say they get the same txt multiple times.

Is anyone else seeing this? I was gonna post over on the Handcent forum but I'm not registered there so figured I'd try here first.

This has been happening for months now over all the version upgrades. I'm actually not so sure this is a Handcent thing or a hardware thing. And again this is very random and doesn't happen all that often.

Using Firmware 2.1 update 1.

I had this problem after upgrading to 2.1. It got so bad that I had to stop using it. I use text/data more than I talk and I couldn't take the risk of none of my messages going through.

Plus, if I turned off my phone and rebooted it, it would send messages to people from 1 or 2 weeks prior. Very bad.

I liked that app too.

Beware of Chomp SMS too... that too staretd out fantastic for me, but again the problem with multiple texts being sent at random times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones