• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent SMS - Tons of problems

Crosley123

May 12, 2010
So Handcent SMS has been one of my favorite apps. But an update in late August, the program has become unstable. Another update which I avoided in early September, appears to have made it worse.

No reply from Developer, no updates now for several weeks.

I'm *this close* to giving up on it. Anyone have any additional insight and if not, what is the best SMS program out there?

Thanks.

I've been using Handcent for over 3yrs now and the only problem that I run into is sometimes pictures, even after resizing them, takes along time to send or doesn't send at all. Another thing I've noticed is when sending the same text to multiple people at once, I keep getting an error message when trying to send. I have to go into just one of the messages and resend for it to go thru.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones