1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Handcent SMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Srg94, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Srg94

Srg94 Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at the Handcent SMS for my DHD but i am not sure if I should download it.

People say its brilliant and some say its rubbish, I don't want to down it tho and find out my DHD goes all wrong?
    Has anybody got Handcent SMS?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

The great thing about Android is the ability to customize. So, just try it. There's no need to fear commitment because you can always uninstall it if you don't like it. I have it and I like it. Have no issues with it.

Tim

3. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Android Enthusiast

I have it and love it. I would never use any other messaging program. Along with SlideIt those are the two best combinations ever! 100% You should get it ;)

4. aidan257

aidan257 Well-Known Member

I used to use Handcent but i've now gone over to GO SMS. not really a great deal of difference but a little prettier presentation....

5. Asmo

Asmo Newbie

I've used both handscent and chompsms over time, and I am now a user of Go SMS as well, great program!

6. KingDong

KingDong Android Enthusiast

I too have moved from Handcent to GO SMS

7. fatjames

fatjames Newbie

Quick question, when using Handcent, how can i make it so that the text's don't go to the stock text app too?
    FJ

8. KingDong

KingDong Android Enthusiast

You mean two notifications when you get a message? If so its somewhere on the setting on the default app.

9. andyben

andyben Member

Use handcent and install the emoji icons add in then youcan make all your txts look like a girls

10. joooeyandroid

joooeyandroid Newbie

...been using handcent eversince i got my dhd, great app. love those emoji too.:)

11. TelusMilestone

In the stock message app uncheck all the the check marks :)

fatjames likes this.
  12. Dougster

Dougster Newbie

Used Handcent for ages on HD and Hero but GO SMS is great (and I have SwiftKey, Swiftkey beta)

13. widehead

widehead Android Enthusiast

Handcent is crap.

GO SMS is great.

Fact.

14. TelusMilestone

lol according to you? (professional android message app programer)

15. widehead

widehead Android Enthusiast

Yep, according to me. Android user.

Handcent has been nothing but unstable on both my Desire and Desire HD.

Just throwing my highly subjective, anecdotal evidence out there just like everyone else.

Enjoy.

16. TelusMilestone

Well maybe you just got a lemon of a phone or installed it wrong? lol I have had not one problem on Handcent. Every aspect of it works flawlessly for me along with SlideIt there is nothing better period. So I say that your 100% wrong in my expert Android user opinion. :p

17. stevek2611

stevek2611 Lurker

I use handcent on my DHD, really like it and had no problems. Used Go SMS too, prefer handcent.

18. TiggerPitt

TiggerPitt Lurker

I've just installed handcent and now am having troubles with battery life, my calendar is using 20% of my battery. Anyone got any solutions to fix this without having to uninstall handcent. Many thanks

19. Roxolid

Roxolid Well-Known Member

i use handcent on my desire,desire hd and hd2, no problems at all, love it along with swype

20. TelusMilestone

That has nothing to do with handcent. I have removed all my HTC accounts because of it conantly syncing so I only have it to sync with my gmail account for calendar and contacts.

21. TiggerPitt

TiggerPitt Lurker

Well I've removed handcent and there is no longer an issue with calendar. Am going to reinstall handcent and see if the problem arises again