• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Piercing Heavens

Mar 31, 2010
I finally gave in and started using Handcent. Took a good while to configure everything how I wanted it but as a result I have never had a better texting experience.

My only gripe is that I suck with colors and themes. Anyone have custom themes or colors that go really well with Handcent?

Currently I'm just using the Android conversation style with the light theme.

I actually just downloaded this app, but I haven't even been able to change any of the colors at all. I want to use the Android conversation style, but I don't know how to change the colors. It would also be nice to change the colors of the default screen that lists all of your contacts from the standard brown colors. Does anyone know which entries to edit?

Upvote 0
I finally gave in and started using Handcent. Took a good while to configure everything how I wanted it but as a result I have never had a better texting experience.

My only gripe is that I suck with colors and themes. Anyone have custom themes or colors that go really well with Handcent?

Currently I'm just using the Android conversation style with the light theme.

Just set the background with a picture you like, or nice backgrounds (like carbon, metal, etc) and use the link below to find the RGB values of the colors you like.

500+ Named Colours with rgb and hex values

If you need inspiration, just google handcent themes

Upvote 0
Here is some inspiration.

Handcent Thread List
291g905.jpg

Handcent Chat
r76p1y.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones