• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent update

Phone is less than 2 weeks old and not rooted. I did the whole rom mod thing to my HTC TP, but I really don't want to do it to my new Hero...Such a ****ing cool phone, but dammit if this isn't classic "nothing's perfect."

I'm "this close" to just researching rooting and getting rid of the BS apps stock sms, nascar, nfl, peep (ghey!)... I enjoy watching football, but I don't need any info I can't just get on the interwebs or my phone browser.

With how new the phone and android is, I don't want to miss any Sprint maintenance updates. Anyone know if this is affected? (short answer okay) Does the rooting process have a way to revert back to factory in order to use Sprint support services? (ditto)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones