• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent users with Anti Virus

TokedUp

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2010
I was having a problem with my threads erasing because Handcent was being force closed when I was using it. I contacted them and they told me to get rid of the Antivirus software I was using because it is completely unnecessary on a Droid phone. I uninstalled the Antivirus app I had and when I went back to my home screen the phone lagged for a couple of seconds. Very weird. But now I swear I feel like the phone is faster. Handcent is sending messages faster and it seems like my apps are loading faster. Maybe the Antivirus was a burden rather than helping. Anyone else maybe have a similar experience??

I only download applications that have been approved on the market. You can select this option under settings>applications>unknown sources.

this isn't steve jobs's house, you still need to use your brain. there are no viruses for android.

So...

with that knowledge, there are only two reasons to put a "anitvirus" program out there.

1. fraud ( sell people something they don't need )

2. to steal information

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones