1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Handcent with facebook

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by EMSguy, Jan 11, 2010.

1. EMSguy

EMSguy Newbie

Sorryif something similar has been posted before.
    I really really like handcent, and I really want to use it, nut unfortunatly I really can't because almost all of my facebook contacts are just facebook contacts. I also want to be able to use fb contacts with other apps, so is there a way to sync them to the phone?

2. danlaw777

danlaw777 Member

use meebo IM...it also allows you to chat with your fb contacts

3. EMSguy

EMSguy Newbie

er well I have that, but it isn't quite what I meant. Let me explain. I have abouh 700 contacts on facebook with phone numbers, and I actually need to have at least 200 of those numbers on my phone. The default messenger handles this perfectly. The thing is though, I would like to use handcent, but it is simply not possible if it will not recognize contacts synced from facebook. I sort of understand the reasoning behind this, so I am looking for any solutions that someone might have.

4. iumadness64

iumadness64 Lurker

I was having this issue and could not find the answer I was looking for, so as I pushed my brain matter to the limit :), this is what worked for me.

Go to 'Settings' -> scroll down to 'Accounts & sync' -> touch on 'Facebook' -> make sure 'Contacts' is checked

Hope this helps!