• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

smile44

Jun 24, 2010
I want add Handcent to my Incredible because I think the stock app is kinda boring. Works well enough, but boring. I read that a lot of people were getting notified twice of receiving messages if they didn't turn notifications off on the stock text messaging program. I have the 500 message plan (send most things by email) so here's my question. Will I get charged twice for each message I receive (even if I have notification turned off on the stock app) or just once? I'll be keeping a close eye on how many I've used each month, but this info would be helpful to know. Thanks!

a word of warning about handcent. my friend was using handcent and it would randomly decide to resend previously sent texts to me and other people. at one point it resent all 50 message that he had sent over the previous day. just watch out for that since you have limited texts per month.

YES this also happened to me. If I turned off my phone ALL my text msgs sent that day would be resent. I posted on their forums, mailed their dev, and posted on here with no helpful responses.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. I'll think I'll give Handcent a try. I like the idea of the bubble conversations lol. And thanks for the heads up Gibbs...I'm going to keep a close eye on my usage for the first little while.

Chomp gives you bubble, Handcent gives you options BESIDES bubble which Chomp does not. I personally LOVED Handcent, but due to it's malfunctions I had to switch.

Upvote 0
You know, I signed up for google voice as soon as it became available without invites. So I have a number, but I haven't done anything more yet. I'm pretty good at picking up new technology but it sounded a bit confusing. I'll look into it again (have only had this phone since Fri, so still playing around)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones