1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Handful of problems.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xx0trust0xx, Dec 26, 2011.

1. xx0trust0xx

xx0trust0xx Lurker

In short, I dropped my Statosphere in the sink and it's been drying for a few days.

It's powers on when plugged in and I get a battery screen. If I hit the hold button it will power on to the phone itself, but after doing this it will randomly reboot after about two minutes and repeat the process until I hard reset it.

On top of the random rebooting issue, it will continue scan media devices and will have no service. I've tried using multiple SD cards (Same issue).

The phone is rooted (no custom roms, just root access) and has been working a week previously to me getting the phone wet. Any and all help is welcome. Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Scur

Scur Android Expert

I've always been told putting it in a bag with rice helps draw out all the moisture.

3. xx0trust0xx

xx0trust0xx Lurker

Yes, I did that to no avail, but what did work was silica packets sealed in the battery and plastic bagged. (Patent Pending, haha)

4. shrpshtr325

shrpshtr325 Well-Known Member

what also works well for me is leaving it sitting in the sun with the case as opened as possible (battery cover off, battery out, sim card out, mem card out ect)

if that doesnt help it then its probably gone unfortunately, not much you can do to fix something once its shorted out.

5. Scur

Scur Android Expert

When I dropped my X2 in the can, I pulled it out, shook it good, took the back and battery out, and set it on top of my dvr where it got a steady supply of heat. Can't even tell anything happened to it now.

Samsung Stratosphere Forum

The Samsung Stratosphere release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1800mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews