1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

hands free media player?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by flemmo, Jun 4, 2011.

1. flemmo

flemmo Newbie
    None

May 12, 2010
    Hi all,
    I plan on putting all my mp3s on my HTC Desire then connecting it to my car aux in.
    I like to set my songs to random then skip the ones I don't want to listen to.

It's there a hands free music player that will skip to the next song by voice command?
    I don't like the apps where you have to press a button every time you want to say a command, but I guess if the button took up the entire screen it would be safe/easy to do whilst driving.

Does such an app exist?

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Dunno, but In use Poweramp in exactly the way you describe (though on a Desire HD). The phone is mounted in landscape mode near enough for me to hit the 'skip track' button easily. If you don't feel safe enough to do it whilst taking a roundabout or something then I guess you'll have to listen to a song you don't like for 30 seconds or so .... :eek: :D

Dave

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    The problem with the AUX connection is that the cars hands free system isn't connect to the phone, so it must be controlled manually. I stream audio from my phone through bluetooth so i can control it through voice commands and the steering wheel buttons.

This car dock app might work for what you want.

4. flemmo

flemmo Newbie
    None

May 12, 2010
    Hmmm looks like I'd be best saving up for that fancy head unit I've had my eye on lol