1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Hands Free Using a Paired Bluetooth Device with The Galaxy S7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bedford 1941, May 19, 2017 at 4:31 PM.

1. bedford 1941

bedford 1941 New Member

Friday
    Has anyone encountered an issue trying to use a paired Bluetooth device to make hands free out going calls via the S7 phone (when phone is in sleep mode and locked). If anyone had a workable solution for this issue, I would appreciate hearing about that solution. As mentioned, the bluetooth device is paired--and the device is the Jabra Freeway. There is communications between the S7 and the handsfree device when the phone is unlocked and awake. Would also like to make S-Voice my default phone dialer if that can be done. Lastly the device doesn't seem to stay bluetooth connected for some reason.

Advertisement

2. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    is it a trusted device? settings> lock screen> secure lock settings> smart lock> trusted devices. this helps keep the phone in a sort of "soft locked" state while connected, where all you have to do is swipe the screen to unlock.

as far as connectivity, I've found that car speakers like this have pretty terrible distance. so make sure there's as little as possible in the way. even being in a pocket can have problems with some headsets (one of the reasons I stopped using LG Tones). otherwise, typical troubleshooting- reboot phone, safe mode (to eliminate 3rd party app issues), try the jabra with a different phone make and/or model (to eliminate possible compatibility issues).

3. bedford 1941

bedford 1941 New Member

Friday
    Thanks--for your reply--I did set this Jabra Freeway device up as a trusted device. Right now I am trying to get the units to communicate while the phone is in sleep mode (locked). With respect to your comment regarding range and possible interference, I am trying to do this communications trial at my desk with both units side by side. Incoming communications seem to work fine---
    Samsung tech support and their "remote control" personnel essentially dismissed my situation by declaring the units to be incompatible and that was the end of their communications with me---in one instance--they just hung up and in a second instance they put me on hold but did not return (45 minutes). Found their tech help to be very poor. When I asked if there was a handsfree device that the S7 was indeed compatible with, the rep avoided the question and just repeated that the S7 likely is incompatible with handsfree device I am trying to use.
    I feel there is a setting that I am missing which would allow the Jabar to wake up the phone--can't figure it out and have decided to return the S7 and purchase a different brand---

4. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    gotta do what you gotta do