• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handscent acting up!

maybe he thought if he asked again he would get an interesting answer this time?

I had to pull handcent off my phone, double messages were among the list of issues it caused.

too bad too, it had cool options

What other issues did you have with Handcent? I love it, but I do have weird issues sometimes. I've been trying ChompSMS, too, but it just doesn't have all the features of Handcent.

Upvote 0
I made sure the notifications were turned off with the default messaging, which was the first thing I did. I truly believe that when programs are developed to replace the default programs, and that there is no way to delete the default program, you are going to have the developing program not run right.

MICP1480

Upvote 0
What other issues did you have with Handcent? I love it, but I do have weird issues sometimes. I've been trying ChompSMS, too, but it just doesn't have all the features of Handcent.
just a bunch of odd issues, messages not sending, messages not downloading in Handcent but they were in the original app. and I would lose network connection via wifi or 3g. would have to reset my phone then messages would send and come flooding in, since I uninstalled handcent I haven't had any of the issues mentioned above.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones