• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handwriting Recognition Problem

Guitar4him

Nov 12, 2009
When using the S Pen for handwriting recognition, consistently, I'm ending up with all the letters I've written detected but no spaces between words. It's inconvenient to have to hit the little "space" icon every time you write a word. I've seen lots of glowing reviews about the accuracy of the handwriting recognition. I must be doing something wrong. What's the secret to having it correctly detect spaces between words?

Ken

Also with stroke recognition, when the grid is clear, it will not auto add a space if you write a new word. You need to insert a '-' to get a space in (that's if you don't like to hit the space button), but make sure the stroke fades out before actually typing a word otherwise it will register the '-' as a symbol/special character.

Also if writing multiple words on the grid, you need to give it proper spacing between the words for it to properly recognize.

Reactions: ren857
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones