• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handwritten note taking app?

Robananda

Lurker
Jul 2, 2010
Hey guys, I'm considering getting a new mobile device, and this will definitely influence my decision about whether to go Android or Windows 7 (mobile).

I really like onenote because I can handwrite my notes- and so i remember them better than when I type them. I can also select my text with the lasso (or even individual strokes with a click!) and move it around, in case I don't leave enough room or something.

Anyway, I'm looking for an app for android that lets me take advantage of a stylus and take notes in multiple colors, and be able to select and move/resize my text. I'd LIKE (but could do without) to be able to sync to my desktop and add pictures or text or whatever- basically what i can do with onenote. However, I haven't found a comprehensive application for android, and I may go with the windows device, just so that I can use onenote (but the performance scares me a bit- android is really snappy!). I wouldn't mind paying for the app. <$100-150

I already checked out the web apps version of onenote, but it doesn't do handwriting.

Anyone know if an app like this exists, or is in development?

For handwritten notes only, I like Handrite.

I tried to use Note Everything for handwritten notes, but you get your big writing on a single screen per note. That's it. Want more content, you need another note. Handrite is the same, except your big handwriting gets shrunk down, (maybe to 1/5 size?) in less than a second after you write. So you can fit lots of lines in a note. There's an add-note widget I have on my Home screen to quickly handwrite stuff.

No lassoing and moving. But you can insert (tap at insertion point, then handwrite anywhere). No selecting, so you can only choose a different pen color before writing, and it's buried under the Menu key.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I was also looking for such an application, to take note during meeting.
After trying many applications with no success I decided to develop my own application.

I just finished it (well at least the very first version), so you can give it a try and send me your comments.

Just search for TabNotes on the market (the application is designed for android tablet not for phone).
Hi

I just downloaded your trial software and must say good work. However, I came to this page after experiencing an iPad app called NOTES PLUS. Simply superb. The guy said he would port it to Android but not earlier than 6 months so was wondering if you could have a look at it to see if those features or similar could be reproduced. The result is exactly the same as one writes on a graphical notebook, with colours, highlights, lassoes and clear handwriting with a stylus (I am using Galaxy tab). Tab owners will love you for this.

Upvote 0
Hi

I just downloaded your trial software and must say good work. However, I came to this page after experiencing an iPad app called NOTES PLUS. Simply superb. The guy said he would port it to Android but not earlier than 6 months so was wondering if you could have a look at it to see if those features or similar could be reproduced. The result is exactly the same as one writes on a graphical notebook, with colours, highlights, lassoes and clear handwriting with a stylus (I am using Galaxy tab). Tab owners will love you for this.

Notes Plus does look awesome. Any feedback?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones