• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handy Currency Converter App Updated Regularly

c0dezer0

Jul 12, 2015
Currency Converter application helps in the currency of the world and to the account of exchange rates to convert and update the international market prices

Download From Google Play

Here

ScreenShots

7xz6q2IomXVYOusbJxXM1u1Je4nwTZWqlQhHP7QuQPmd0xlc5Rlsjik1DJtXDwb9Gtf2=h500

FeKBuzeYc_4urlxr-u1J6LLiKAwTsz81Y0bkZYqq1JATEAuFB3MtNjMtMbRROrIpmw=h500

ju070KAcDimEca8A8J024DpR5UPmUrQzIbcBHRQ6-sAxCPBfuZiJq_-AOUZm27HVc30=h500

Currency Converter Program features:

-free.
Arrange all international and Arab currencies and displayed by alphabetic name of the country / currency.
-Convert Currencies to and from the push of a button.
-change Between currencies easily.
- Simple easy to use
Updating instantaneous global exchange rates.
-easy to use .

According to Google Play this app has the following permissions

Version 1.0 can access:
Identity
  • find accounts on the device
Contacts
  • find accounts on the device
  • read your contacts
SMS
  • receive text messages (SMS)
  • read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
Phone
  • read phone status and identity
  • reroute outgoing calls
Device ID & call information

• read phone status and identity
Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • full network access
  • view network connections
  • run at startup
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping

Why does a currency converter need to be able to read my contacts and text messages, and reroute my outgoing phone calls????

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
But even if it Is using notifications... That doesn't explain why it needs to divert my phone calls and read my text messages!

That's nothing to do with notifications... Please find out and let us know... At the moment I can't consider this app as safe to use

No Please search more about android user notifications and find what permissions they need you will find all those permissions are necessary to be checked ..

Also you can test app and found whats problem and whats safe on it .. you wont install mobogenie nor hotspot

No in app purchases nor Visa required nor contacts login . also Google check for every app before Got Approved

If you didn't find it safe without testing it just from outside , its matter of you but as my own experiment and others no problem about it

Thanks

Upvote 0
I HAVE searched the permissions... That's why I listed them here. I AM Also Aware of what they do.

The app on the Play Store says that this app has those permissions.... There is NO need for them. Furthermore it would allow the application the ability to do unwanted things.

Please explain why the ability to redirect my outgoing calls is required by a currency converter!

And then if you could explain why the other ones in bold are required that would be great... I can think of several reasons but none of them are legitimate

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I HAVE searched the permissions... That's why I listed them here. I AM Also Aware of what they do.

The app on the Play Store says that this app has those permissions.... There is NO need for them. Furthermore it would allow the application the ability to do unwanted things.

Please explain why the ability to redirect my outgoing calls is required by a currency converter!

And then if you could explain why the other ones in bold are required that would be great... I can think of several reasons but none of them are legitimate

iam sorry that you didnt even searched for notifications

Here

https://parse.com/apps/quickstart#parse_push/android/native/existing
http://www.androidhive.info/2015/06/android-push-notifications-using-parse-com/

<uses-permission android:name="com.parse.starter.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />

i told you that its required permissions for android notifications if you familiar with android programming
you may get this any way i sent message to app's developer to answer about this

Thanks ..

Upvote 0
iam sorry that you didnt even searched for notifications

Here

https://parse.com/apps/quickstart#parse_push/android/native/existing
http://www.androidhive.info/2015/06/android-push-notifications-using-parse-com/

<uses-permission android:name="com.parse.starter.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />

i told you that its required permissions for android notifications if you familiar with android programming
you may get this any way i sent message to app's developer to answer about this

Thanks ..

Again.. It seems like you are not answering the simple question I asked... Please let me ask it again slightly differently

Please look at this link
http://androidpermissions.com/permission/android.permission.PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS

THIS IS REQUESTED BY YOUR APP

IT ISN'T REQUIRED FOR NOTIFICATIONS

IT SEEMS TO SERVE NO PURPOSE FOR YOUR APP

Why would a currency converter need the ability to redirect my phone calls... or for that matter need the abiliity to
read my SMS Text messages???

Upvote 0
Again.. It seems like you are not answering the simple question I asked... Please let me ask it again slightly differently

Please look at this link
http://androidpermissions.com/permission/android.permission.PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS

THIS IS REQUESTED BY YOUR APP

IT ISN'T REQUIRED FOR NOTIFICATIONS

IT SEEMS TO SERVE NO PURPOSE FOR YOUR APP

Why would a currency converter need the ability to redirect my phone calls... or for that matter need the abiliity to
read my SMS Text messages???

You seem that you dont understand all i said about user notification with urls i provided ..
any way i told u that i sent if for developer and waiting reply ..

so wait some time and i will be back

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You seem that you dont understand all i said about user notification with urls i provided ..
any way i told u that i sent if for developer and waiting reply ..

so wait some time and i will be back

So you don't really know what's going on with this app's permissions. That's why you're waiting for the developers to get back to you. But I do understand you're a middleman app promoter.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
psionandy ,Mikedt

i contacted developer and got reply

"Thanks for your notification those permissions to notify user about currency price if it changed and its about 3ed party notification and i removed them and use another notification provider with less permissions but no problem VERSION 2 Released for now and i remove call & sms &contacts permissions and that all i can do about permissions for now ,You can update your 1.0 version

Your are welcome if you have any other notice feel free to reply to this mail

Thanks "

He seem to understand doubt about some permissions for some users and so he removed this .

Now try to see version 2.0 i checked them and its alright he removed contacts & Calls & Sms permissions if there is any other problem please tell me and i will mail him

Thanks Mates for this notifications ..

Have nice day all

NOTE: Mikedt
"middleman app promoter" Instead of This doubt about me think positive .. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones