1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

hangouts problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nebler, Dec 9, 2013.

1. nebler

nebler Android Enthusiast

My Hangouts app has started showing a load of email contacts that I dont want to see, but I can't work out how to delete them.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Long press the contact and then hide them. Either that or just log off your account and choose SMS.

3. rezeew

rezeew Well-Known Member

Huh?

4. nebler

Yeah long press doesn't work. Its while I use the Hangout app to send SMS, but its also got a load of email addresses in the contact list, and I don't want to see them.

5. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

I can't help you with Hangouts. I don't think there is any way to get it to stop pulling in your gmail contacts, at least that I found. I immediately downloaded 8sms and made that my default sms client (which it will do for you the first time you open it ).

6. nebler

Yeah thought as much. I've installed chomp which is fine and has solved the issue, but its a shame as I actually like Hangouts layout.

7. nebler

I've just had a look at 8sms and its now my default choice, thanks

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I figured it out. If you have a contact with an email it means you don't have their number stored under contacts.

9. nebler

Yeah that true, I just wish I didn't have to see them in the list.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews